Yesterday we spent a few hours helping out at the Boyter Family Farm in Fonthill to learn about the process of cultivating mushrooms by working hand in hand with them. Here are a few photos from the first stage of cultivating shiitake mushrooms with a brief description below each as well as a link with more in depth information if you’re interested.
The C&G Team have created a list of local Farmers’ Markets in the Niagara Region with links to their contact information, locations and current vendors. We hope you find this resource helpful whether you are visiting the Niagara Region for a short time or if you’re a local.
- Ridgeway Farmers’ Market, Saturdays 7-12pm
- Grimsby Farmers’ Market, Thursdays 3-7pm
NIAGARA ON THE LAKE
- Niagara Falls Farmers’ Market, Saturdays 6-12pm
- Port Colborne Farmers Market, Fridays 7-1pm
- St. Catharines Market Square, Tuesdays/Thursdays/Saturdays 6-2pm
- Brock University Farmers’ Market, Thursdays 11:30am-1:30pm
Any additions or changes please contact the C&G Team and we will be happy to make the required adjustments.